"Y'know... We're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel... good, doesn't it?"
After two weeks, StellarWind Elsydeon had returned home. ^^ Well, I was home for a day or two during those two weeks, but hey - It wasn't enough in comparison. One week of kitchen duty right after a week where you had to stay at the base is NOT fun. x_x Especially when halfway through it, you get the entire soundtrack of Les Miserables stuck in your head. As much as I love Les Miserables, having songs from it playing in your head for four-something days straight is rather irritating. xD
Anyway, I'm finally back home - until Sunday - And DAMN I have tons of stuff to do. x_X I checked my E-mail right away... 128 messages. All SPAM. So I fired up my SPAM-hunting song (Lovely Spaaaaaaaam, Wonderful Spaaaaaam!!!) and went on a deleting spree. DeviantART had a bunch of things to look at, and alas, I also have to finish that third RP wallpaper (the one featuring Katie and Tsunami). And Dog knows what else. A week to catch up on things... That's always good.
~ * ~
If you're wondering about the title, it means "Kick of Flying Walrus!" Japanese is so wierd. xD
~ * ~
Wierd dreams lately... Here goes, from earliest to last.
1. So, I'm heading out of the base (driving my parents' Vitara, of all things. Mental note: Every dream in which I drive any kind of four-wheeled vehicle often ends up having something completely wierd and non-related happen. And for some reason, I can drive really well in dreams - but I don't even have a freakin' Drivers' Liscence in Reality! xD), and on the way, I picked up an online friend of mine and give her a lift home. The camera view is from inside the car - where me and a few people are having a conversation, not really noticing that the view from the front window is completely non-related to anything. For some wierd reason, when we eventually arrived, we ended up in FINLAND, of all places. xD
... The rest of the dream was generally about me trying to figure out two things.
a. How the hell did I manage to get from the base to Finland in a CAR.
b. How the heck am I supposed to get back to Isra Hell, with the car. xD
2. Dream 2 that I remember in particular was a rather wierd sci-fi-esque story. It took place in the near future (that is, the surroundings were still recognizable, but not quite). The character I was in control of this time (I'm not sure what his name was, it was never given, but I know that he looked quite a bit like me - so I'll refer to him as "I" from now on.) was a student at an institution which was a bit like a cross between a university and a museum. Anyway, for some reason I was hanging around the marine biology segment of the place, in particular around one particular wall. The wall was designed kinda like a page from a book, with a rather large display case/aquarium type thing - with the water in layers - ranging from a bright, upper layer to a deep, dark and exceptionally murky layer in the bottom. It was supposedly a display of Cephallopods (Y'know... Squids, Octopii, and the like) with strange qualities - some of which were defined as extinct. The creatures inside weren't alive - I'm not sure if they were actually statues, or fossils, or whatnot (Yes, I know. Real squids don't get fossilized well, but hey, it's a dream. Bear with me, K? X_X). Anyhow, a lot of them were recognizable, one looked a bit like a gas mask, but the specimen that really caught my eye was the sole denizen of the deepest, murkiest layer.
It was exceptionally hard to make out at first, but even though it wasn't alive, it felt as if it was staring at me. It seemed... Ancient beyond all years, and it didn't look like it quite... belonged there, if you catch my meaning. But I made an excuse for that in my mind as in "It's a deep water creature, it's gotta be wierd." The name plaque was barely readable through all the murk and darkness, but it seemed to read "Eternity" at first... then upon closer inspection, it turned out that it actually read "Entity". Freakin' bizzare if you ask me, because both names fit that... exceptionally mysterious... thing... exceptionally well. Something about it didn't look right, but I couldn't tell exactly what.
Anyhow, a bit later, after various discussions with various people, It turns out that earth has been, for a while, under attack by a species of murderous, shapeshifting polytheric aliens. (What the hell?) It has been a while since one of that species set foot on earth (due to a technology developed by humans that created some kind of aura shield... thing, which, while being harmless to humans, made the polytherics break down and burn - as if they were entering the atmosphere. (Mental Note: The resemblence to the anti-undead Aura in Dalaran, in WarCraft III, were rather visible at that). However, the threat still existed.
A bit later (yes, again. I sound like a bloody scene in DoTT. "Later that day... Much, much later..."), around evening, me and a few other students (nameless extras ahoy!) were sitting down by this pool outside and talking. Particularily noticable were me, a female character which I don't remember too well - I think her name was Maria or somesuch - which was a good friend of my character, and another, long-haired male character who was apparantly dating her for a while. Anyhow, then, Maria and I notice one of the staff members walk out of the academy building, but we both notice something wrong about him - She immediately points out that it's the eyes, and I mention that the only thing the Polytherics could never mimic about humans is their eyes. That's when the guy starts killing a few nameless extras in a very T-1000-esque way (morphing fingers to very long blade things and impaling people, heh.) There's a bit of hysteria around, as as the nameless extras slowly get slaughtered, I quietly walk off to a nearby field generator and start setting it up.
Then the bastard notices me, and charges at me. Right as he nears me, I finish invoking the generator and start running, his form reverting to its more natural version - albeit a burning one. Kinda looked like a cross between Thrax from Osmosis Jones and an Infernal from WarCraft III. So here I go, running like mad, the blasted thing chasing me in a furious rage. Eventually, it chases me up to the roof of the tallest structure in the academy, and I leap off the building, backwards. Then, I start GLIDING, saying that "I knew it was a good idea to refuel the thrusters today." It's not like I was wearing a particularily special suit before, but then the view changed to a camera (rather than first-person) vuew, and it seems like I expanded wings (similar to Wren's Aerojet transformation in Phantasy Star III) and was gradually gliding down. The thing jumped after me, and seemed to float, unbothered by gravity, following me. It started launching flaming, detached fists at me, but they didn't survive for long (because the Polytherics couldn't keep control of bits of themselves they detached completely). Eventually, after a rather long impressive gliding/falling scene we both flew into rotating gravity generator (huh?). And somehow, it got turned on, and began generating heavier gravity, slowly. The aura field began to slowly fluctuate at that point. So I run, it chasing me, in this rotating round gravity wheel (An analogy I thought of after waking up would be "like mice in a giant wheel"). But the gravity change - which did little to me - began heaving a dreadful effect on it. With the aura field, it continued chasing me, but began screaming and begging for its life, slowly beginning to flux out of existence. I was unmoved by its begging, until it eventually broke apart and died. That's when the generator stopped and I stepped out with a light dizziness but little more.
The surviving extras and one of the teacher-manager people come up to me then and the teacher-manager person asks me why didn't I spare the creature's life - since it could have been more useful in life than it is in death (I think that he said that it was a surgeon, and polytheric surgeons could heal some injury types that humans couldn't, but I don't remember). Then I said that the day I'll trust a Polytheric would be the day that I die. Y'see, it turns out that a Polytheric has murdered my character's family. Huh.
Anyway, the dream continues onto the next day, where Maria and the long-haired guy talk about the events of the previous day. And then a few things are explained. The long-haired guy himself wasn't human. Or was half-human, i'm not sure. But he was an alien that has been on Earth for a long while, and back when he first arrived, was responsible to a few deaths himself. He always found the Polytherics fascinating, and wished that he could have obtained some polytheric DNA for some sort of research. And an opportunity presented itself, so he felt like he had to use it. Entity, the ancient Cephallopod, had Polytheric DNA in it (I knew that it couldn't have been completely Terran in origin!) - and this guy extracted a DNA sample from it. Unfortunately, the sample somehow regenerated and grew itself into a complete polytheric. He didn't know the sample regenerated until the creature emerged. So, after the guy explained himself, he said that now it was his time to leave Earth, since his actions caused too many deaths. And for some reason he told her to tell me to take care of her, or something, and he walked away, leaving her rather confused.
... What the hell THOUSANDFOLD. xD
3. A dream I had yesterday. A former friend of mine sent me a GBA ROM for a game called "Corona". Well, so he said. He neglected to tell me that it was actually "PokeMon: Corona", a previously unknown PokeMon game which took place in a region parallel to Orre, of PokeMon Colosseum. The frelled up thing was that...
It was in 3D. And unlike any other PokeMon game seen before. For one, it had Wild PokeMon running about, like in Snap, but wierder. It was a first-person view game, for some reason, and... well, Suffice to say that it made me think "Okay. If THIS is PokeMon, something has gone very wrong with Nintendo." The music was ominous and not very PokeMon-like, and there was no other version known out there (Although it was akin to a 'Red Version', or Ruby). The 3D was very nice, though. xD
And as if on cue, something completely wrong happened with the PokeMon anime (Yes, this is the first time the Anime ever appeared in my dreams.) The episode title was an ancient title ("Ash Catches a PokeMon", which was, if I recall correctly, the third episode of the Kanto season, where Ash managed to get his claws on Caterpie), for some reason, and it was defined as the "First Episode". I was wondering what the heck was wrong, but here are the events anyway.
- It seems that Brock had somehow captured a Wurmple, and had utterly no idea what to do with it, now that he had it. He also seemed to have developed some sort of a spite towards May, who had her own Wurmple (Which we all know is now a Beautifly! X_X) with her.
- Ash's entire team sorta... vanished. (A later check in Serebii.net indicated that his oddly changed team has seemed to remain after this episode, but I'll explain about that later.) His 'new' team consisted of Pikachu, Cyndaquil and oddly enough, Treecko (See? May's team isn't the only one that mysteriously de-evolved! Note that Brock also had only Forretress and Lotad. Yes, LOTAD. XD)
- Pikachu was... extremely odd. He seemed to be very woozy for some reason. Treecko's voice was odder than usual - it was kinda like a cross between the helium-filled dubvoice and the more badass original voice. And for some reason, it was a bit larger than usual. And went all "Kimo-Kimori" rather than the annoying dub name. xD Cyndaquil didn't seem to show up at that part of the plot.
- It seems that some kind of a time warp has taken place sending the AG team back to Pallet Town, to the very same day where Ash began his journey in the first place. New Ash hasn't met Old Ash yet, but I'm not quite sure if that happened in THAT episode. What DID happen though is that many of the new Hoenn and Johto PokeMon that the team had were mysteriously warped back to their own time (by colliding with sillhouettes of other PokeMon, of their own element, with a wierd frelled up background. xD).
- The episode was in English, but when I later checked Serebii.net in the dream to see what the HELL happened, the episode's name was Japanese, and it was referred to as an episode which "just aired in Japan". Ash's team changed to feature Pikachu, Cyndaquil and Treecko, and the episode was called "Pikachuu Gone Horribly Wrong? Time Crisis!!" or something like that. xD
... Yes, that is just freaking wierd. I know. X_x
So much for wierd dreams, anyhow. At least, ones which I remember right now. ^^;
Anyhow, I'd best launch this entry before IE crashes on me and kills everything. xD